Saturday 28 February 2015

Big Breakfast!

Well after an eventful night where I got barely any sleep I got up and cooked a big breakfast for two of Ciaran's squash friends.

Last night was bad because I didn't get to bed until about 1am when Ciaran came home.  Then close to 2am I heard someone attempt to break in to the Smart Car.  I looked out the window and saw someone run away.  I shouted out the window something like "The guards are coming" or "I've called the guards".

I then rang the guards who took all details and said they would ring me back shortly.  I got back in to bed but about half an hour later I got a call from the station to say there was a plain clothes guard outside my house and would I have a word with him.

I went out and chatted with the guard.  We reckoned it may have been a homeless person looking for somewhere to stay or looking for valuables in the car (we live about a mile from the city centre so this seems reasonable) - they were hardly planning on taking the car for a joy ride given it's size and distinctive look!!

I felt kind of bad for the homeless guy.  Guard said that they had a good look around and that there was no one around.  He checked I was ok and then assured me that I could call the station again if there was any further disturbances.  He then left and I went back to bed.

I had forgotten to silence my phone and so at 6.30am my sister who lives in Oman (different time zone) texted me.  I was so panicked and on edge because of the earlier incident that I rushed for the phone and would you believe I fell out of my bed!!!  I l knocked my head on the locker beside the bed but didn't hurt myself  too bad (found a small bump on my head when I was in the shower) as I put out my arm to break my fall.  Quite funny.  I don't think I've ever fallen out of bed before!

And then I got up at 9am and cooked eggs, beans, rashers and sausages for the lads.  I was glad to be up and active.  Below is Cleo who came over to play with Bones.  What a cutie! 

1 comment:

  1. lets hope tonight isn't as exciting!!! Love those Smart Cars, there is one up the road from us that has big false eyelashes over her headlights, stinking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think