Wednesday 1 October 2014

Sick Hot Tub - call the doctor!

We had a problem with our hot tub whereby it was tripping the breaker every time we switched it on.  

I arranged for the Hot Tub Doctor to make a house call this morning.  He quickly was able to diagnose the condition and put in new parts to make it all good.

It is now all fixed up with a new heating element, a new pressure switch (corrosion was starting on this and he reckoned it could go soon and we would need him back out to replace it) and also some new seals.

He also took a look at out filter and reckoned it was good for another 6 months or so.

Currently the hot tub is up at 26 degrees so it will be hot tomorrow ready for us to have a dip.  Having been off for 2 weeks I was concerned that we may have to empty and refill it but the doc said it should be ok - I was thankful for this as it would have been bad timing with the introduction of water charges in Ireland this week!!

The Hot Tub Doctor was not the company that originally supplied our hot tub so I was very happy to hear him comment that a lot of thought had gone in to our set up (all Ciaran's original ideas!).  As you know our hot tub is sunken under our deck and we use a lever mechanism to raise the lid.  All very James Bond!

Here's a picture of the hot tub (being photographed for the Sunday Independent) - you can see the pulley mechanism above the lid.

10 comments:

  1. Canadian Spa and Leisure !!! Wow ! He sure had a long drive. I hope he didn't charge for road time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did come from another country!! It is a Northern Irish company.

      Delete
  2. You don't pay for water !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh water charges now too, you got it fixed just in the nick of time :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it was the hot tub doing that to your tripswitch!!!!

    I dread to think of your water bills my dear! With that hot tub, plus that incredible shower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shower is worth every penny!!!

      Plus I can charge you big time when you shower in my house!!!

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think