Friday 10 October 2014

Nice shiny things in Campbell Jewellers!

As we were driving home from Blackrock this morning we passed through Donnybrook and saw Campbell Jewellers.  I've been meaning to call in for awhile so we took the opportunity to visit.

I love the exterior of this shop along with the other stores along the short street way.  They are all fitted out in a really nice light colour wood and are very chic looking.

I wish I had taken a picture of the interior as it is a beautifully laid out shop.  Unfortunately I got too excited by all the lovely shiny stuff inside and got waylaid!


There is a large range of jewellery and gift items for sale with a range for just about everyone.  Prices go from very modest right up to where ever your limit is!  Many of the pieces that they sell are custom made to customer specifications.  I was lucky to be shown two amazing engagement rings that were just completed.  Both were stunning - one of them had a total of over 3 carats in diamonds with the main stone being over 2 carats!  

If you are thinking of commissioning a custom piece you should make a visit to this shop - I find it fascinating to hear about how they source their diamonds and they really make some beautiful items.  Have a browse through their facebook page to be wowed!


Along with jewellery they have a range of wallets.  

I seriously think Ciaran has a compulsion in regard to wallets.  He seems to "need" to update his wallet every year or two.  I find this a little odd.  I think most men only change their wallet when it wears out or if they lose it.  Ciaran on the other hand really enjoys perusing and buying a new wallet - again I think most men just get on with the job at hand out of necessity and don't actually enjoy buying a wallet???  Do let me know your thoughts on this!!  Is this something I should be concerned about??!!!

However,  I will concede that this particular wallet Ciaran bought is fairly nifty.  It is a Secrid Mini Wallet and I think the security protection that it offers is excellent.  The metal element of the wallet protects against your RFID cards being scanned.  How brilliant is that?! 

These leather wallets come in a variety of colour.  Ciaran chose a vintage brown which I think is very attractive.

Another feature of this wallet is that it has a small lever at the bottom of the card protector which allows you in one small movement release your cards.  I have to say that this looks incredibly convenient.  I will report back how Ciaran finds it.

I wasn't intending to buy anything but as I scanned the shop my eye was drawn to a display of Calvin Klein Jewellery. I like very simple rings (I don't wear an engagement ring and I only wear my wedding band which is a double band with small stones set intermittently around the ring) but I really liked the look of the CK range particularly a rosé "Born" ring.


I decided to treat myself to a ring.  It was boxed up beautifully, and when I got home, within the gift box I found the ring was protected in an adorable little soft pouch.

Here is my new ring which I am very happy with!  I am currently wearing it and if looks great and the curved metal feels so comfortable on my finger and the rosé colour matches my Michael Kors Pressley watch.


If you are in the D4 area and are looking for a gift for the special someone in your life this shop is worth a visit.  

If you are in the market for a specialty item I highly recommend you consult with Jeweller Ronan Campbell - not only are his creations stunning, timeless, classy and more, he really knows his stuff and he will guide you in the right direction to the best investment you can make for your budget.

7 comments:

  1. It's important to treat yourself. Love the wallet and ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice ring. Will you wear it in place of your wedding band?

    How much was that wallet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Why was it removed ?

      Delete
    3. Wallet was €60. Going to wear the ring on my right hand.

      Removed the comment because I made a typo and it wouldn't let me edit.

      Delete
    4. My we're very snippy

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think