Tuesday 21 October 2014

Dublin Day Out!

Spent the most wonderful day in Dublin with my sister today.  We pottered around a few shops and places of interest.

After a breakfast in Kylemore Cafe, we visited Clery's one of Dublin's oldest department store.  We spent awhile looking around here.  It's a really beautiful building - I adore the entrance doors to the tea rooms.  They do nice cream teas here and the food menu looked pretty good too.



Something that caught my eye in the Benetton Concession in Clery's were these cute jackets and jumpers for dogs!


After visiting Brown Thomas we went to Bewley's Tea Room on Grafton Street - again another old historic Irish shop.  This was very atmospheric and we enjoyed looking at the famous Harry Clarke stained glass.


Here's Amy enjoying her Americano in Bewleys.


After Bewleys we went on Marco Pierre Steakhouse on Dawson Street.  We both had the lunchtime steak special.  

Don't I look happy to get my steak?!!

We ate the steak but didn't eat one single chip.  Too many carbs!!


I should mention the little guys pictured below.  When I met Amy I promised her I would buy her a Christmas Tree Ornament so she would have a memory of this day when she was dressing her tree each Christmas.  

Amy does her tree in silver and white so when we happened upon this really cute Polar Bear Family in Brown Thomas we knew we had to get them. How adorable are they?!

After our time in the city we walked to my house and took a dip in the hot tub.  

The perfect end to a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think