Sunday 19 October 2014

Parcel Motel

For the first time ever I used Parcel Motel for delivery of a book that I had ordered.

It is so convenient!

I received a text with a pin number and then visited my chosen parcel motel entered my phone number and pin number and then one of the doors popped open to reveal my package.

Using Parcel Motel means that you don't have to be at home to receive delivery of packages which is very handy when working full time.



The other reason to use Parcel Motel is to save on shipping. Postage to the Republic of Ireland can be very expensive while it is less expensive to ship to the United Kingdom.  Therefore when buying things on line you can ship to a UK address which is the Parcel Motel Depot in Northern Ireland and they will then bring it down to be collected in the Republic.  

Quite ingenious!


There are lots of different sized parcel motel slots/boxes for various different sized deliveries. 

There's the book that I bought which came all the way from the USA.


Have you ever heard of Parcel Motel?  What do you think of the concept?

2 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think