Tuesday 13 October 2015

Modern Wife Exhibition

Amy, Kasey and I visited the Modern Wife Exhibition on the last day that it was on in the Print Museum on Hadleigh Road back in August. It was fairly interesting with lots of ephemera and paraphernalia that would have been common to many homes in the 1960's.


Presumably, many an Irish girl got a pink hairdryer from their boyfriend at Christmas!


There was a few books with dodgy titles like this one!!

Here's Kasey and Amy picking up tips on how to be good Irish wives......
Tip 1. Be prepared to have lots of children!!
"Why would I want to get dressed up"
Why to look good for your husband of course! ;-)


In fairness, I am a big fan of all things kitchy and retro and I found this exhibition to be informative - it was very enjoyable to have a good read and a laugh at how the Irish lived in the 1960's.

I am interested to see that there is an upcoming Modern Wife event in the Dun Laoghaire Lexicon on the 31st of October.  Hopefully Kasey & Amy will join me.  We will probably get the Dart out to Dun Laoghaire or as Bagatelle said we can hop on the 46A!






The above pic is of the Starbucks where this blog was written in the comfy confines on Waterloo Road which is my favourite Starbucks in my locality. It's roomy and there is always a spot with a power point plus it is nice and quiet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think