Saturday 24 October 2015

Ready for Winter - got the Flu Shot in the Pharmacy!

This year I made the decision to get vaccinated against the flu. We are both really busy in work so I felt that we really didn't need the hassle of getting the flu and having to take time off.

A few days ago I started looking on the Internet to see where we could get it. It seems that most pharmacies offer it which is very convenient. It is also fairly cheap with most places charging €20-€30.

I decided that we would get it on Saturday and after hanging out in Starbucks Waterloo Road for a bit we then headed to the nearest Boots on Baggot Street to see if the pharmacist was available to give it to us.

We arrived about 3pm and completed a questionnaire. After that the pharmacist brought us in separately to a consulting room and jabbed us in the arm. So quick and not really painful!

We needed to wait a little bit to see if we had a reaction to the injection and then were on our way.  All in it took less than 30 minutes in total.  And it only cost €20 each.  

Great to know that we are covered for the Winter!

2 comments:

  1. I've got it every year for the last 15 years and I've never had the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine a week ago. Insurance paid for it, and I got it done at a pharmacy in about ten minutes. Very easy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think