Sunday 25 September 2016

Athens - Greece Sailing Trip

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging for the past week or so. The reason for this is that I've been away travelling in Greece.......and what a trip it's been!

We arrived last Friday night to Athens and on Saturday morning we got up early at 8am to visit the ruins of the Acropolis before we had to go to Lavrion Port to pick up out sail boat.

Here's a few pics of the Acropolis which was quite amazing. I really hope we can go back again some day as our visit was not long enough and we were not able to take a guided tour.


For the one night in Athens we stayed in the Parthenon Hotel which was ideally located close to the ruins. 


The weather in Athens was just perfect - warm but not too uncomfortable and cool in the evening.


We got back to our hotel about 10am took taxi to Lavrion Port where we met up with the last member of our group (the Captain!) and saw the boat that we would be calling home for the week. Watch out for my next few blogs all about our sailing trip.....


1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think