Sunday 31 December 2017

Christmas 2017

Christmas 2017 was BUSY!!

We had so many parties, dinners and events to fit in.We even threw our own cocktail party on the 16th which Amy and I enjoyed catering for.

BTW, how Christmassy is Amy's red dress?!



Amy's made Auntie Mary's Philadelphia Sweet Chilli and melba toast. My aunt lived for years in South Africa and this is a cocktail party staple there!

Amy also made the prawn and cocktail sauce shooters. Very cute in little sherry glasses!


It was fun to catch up with friends that we don't see often.



We set up a bar on the kitchen table. Our signature cocktail was "Jameson & Ginger" and along with beer and wine we also served Vodka Tonics and Gin & Elderflower Tonic.




Christmas Eve lunch was lovely. It was great to meet up with good friends and have a lovely relaxed meal. We were all finished up and home by 6pm which was super.



After being back in work on 27th, 28th and 29th Dec, I took the tree down on Friday night while watching The Family Stone.



Two sets of lights weren't working when I took them down so I threw them in the bin. So today on New Year's Eve I went shopping for new ones. Not only are they half price at this time of year, it will also save me having to think about buying new ones next Christmas.

I bought the above lights in Homebase and the ones below in Home Store & More. There was bigger reductions on the Home Store & More ones but they were nearly all sold out. I bought two sets of the Homebase ones.

I sure am happy to have my lights sorted for next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think