Sunday 23 October 2016

What I've been up too....

I haven't blogged in ages......apologies to all my readers.

Last weekend was Open House in Dublin.  We didn't plan to visit any buildings as Ciaran was busy in The Kemp Gallery showing his exhibition on Saturday.  However, when he finished up, we walked to Temple Bar to buy spray paint. On our way we passed the Central Bank and saw the Open House banners. We got chatting to the volunteers on the door and they advised we should try add our names to tour list.  We got on a list and were told to come back in an hour. We went off bought the paint and then popped in to the Temple Bar Gallery where we got to tour that building as a part of Open House. Then it was back to the Central Bank where I was wowed by the Sam Stephenson designed building. 

It was so great to get inside this building. The Central Bank is leaving it soon to go to a new building on the docks.  So who knows what will happen to the building when they leave.



This Saturday, I was in Skerries Mills.  This place is gorgeous and there was a lovely market on.  If you ever get a chance to visit, do!



On Sunday morning, we went for a walk with the dog along the sea front in Dun Laoghaire.  It was fairly windy but mild enough, so pleasant generally. 

Then later on Sunday  we went to see the new Jack Reacher film after having a lunchtime pizza in Manifesto in Rathmines. The reviews have been dire for this film but I enjoyed it.  It was exactly what I expected from a Tom Cruise action movie.  And Tom Cruise looks great for his 54 years!



In other exciting news, I booked a little trip to Liverpool with my twin sister after the bank holiday.  We are flying with Aer Lingus and staying in the centre of the city.  We plan on visiting The Cavern and The Beatles Story.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think