Wednesday 9 January 2019

The year of the Gift Bag

Just  before Christmas, I discovered that wrapping paper is not recyclable - particular if it is shiny. An alternative is to use brown paper but I wasn't sure that I wanted to do that even if I do think brown paper parcels can look very nice when tied up with cute ribbons. Looking on eco websites, I saw another alternative to wrapping paper is to wrap presents in tea towels that can then be used by the recipient.....I don't know about this one!!

So in the end I decided that this would be the year of the Gift Bag. I thought this was a good option as hopefully the bags would be reused by whoever I gave the present to. I also chose fairly non Christmas looking bags (I selected a few red and gold tartan bags in Dunnes) so they could be reused for any other occasion than Christmas. 

I didn't take any pictures so I'll just share a Christmassy snap of Ciaran and myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think