Thursday 7 April 2022

Auto Pilot....it's a funny thing

Ever feel like you are on Auto Pilot?

This morning, I cycled to the train station and took the Dart from Lansdowne to Dun Laoghaire. When I got off the train I planned to go for a cup of coffee in Insomnia before work. 

As I left the the station I went to swipe off with my travel card and as I did that I pondered as to whether I had swiped on. I honestly couldn't remember. I then back tracked my memory and visualised myself cycling up to the station and tried to remember to whether I had swiped on. This all made me realise that I was on Auto Pilot for my commute to work. It wasn't such a big deal because I was on the bike.  But I will say that when I used to drive to work, I often drove to work on Auto Pilot and literally could not remember getting from A to B. 

A tad bit worrying to say the least! But let me know - is this something you experience?!


Birthday Boy!

In other news, Big old Bones turned 14 yesterday. 


Of course everyday is like a birthday for Bones so he had another great day on this planet. 

A great age and in fairness he is in prime condition with not a whole lot wrong with him. Of course he is pretty much blind and deaf but all in all he is in great form generally and loves a daily walk or two (up to Ranelagh village and back along with maybe a wander through the park) and a lot of snoozing throughout the day.  All in all a pretty pleasant life.......as they say, it's a dog's life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think