Tuesday 27 August 2013

In search of a good doughnut!

Here in Ireland we have neither Krispy Kreme nor Dunkin Donuts.  This means that I am constantly on the search for a good doughnut.  

In my local Spar a Tim Horton coffee shop (which i believe is Canadian) has just opened. There are doughnuts to be had here but I have yet to taste them.

Last night on the way home from work I called in to Marks & Spencer's where I found a new selection of boxed doughnuts.  I bought 6 but didn't expect to be wowed by them.  

Well after tasting the chocolate one I was very impressed.  Great consistency, just greasy enough and great chocolate flavour.  It was a good doughnut.

They looked great too and a box of 6 would make a nice gift if you were calling to a friend for tea.


Ciaran brought the rest of the box in to his office for the lads to enjoy today.

Btw, please note the different spelling of doughnut here in Ireland.  I think in the USA it is spelled "donut"!

6 comments:

  1. Tim Hortons is indeed Canadian and is the only way to start the morning for a lot of people in Canada. Krispy Crème donuts are too sweet for me, and I don't know if I have been in Dunkin Donuts, if I have I don't remember what they taste like.

    If you get a chance try the Tim Hortons ones though I wouldn't think they will be the same as the ones in Canada. Those ones you bought look yummy also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try a Tim Hortons over the weekend. I have to say I do like a really sweet donut like Krispy Kreme!!!

      I'll let you know what I think of Tim Hortons.

      Delete
  2. Donuts or doughnuts...either way you spell them your box of them looks delicious!! We have a small local shop in the town next to us (right along the lake shore) that has been selling doughnuts since 1938...a long time here in the midwest. Their bismark doughnuts or creme sticks are fabulous!
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/madsen-donuts-geneva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink donuts scare me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dunkin donuts! But no Krispy kremes here, I may need to road trip to Dubai! ;) Lydia

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think