Monday 12 August 2013

Dublin City Civic Offices

I needed to visit Dublin City Council offices in order to arrange parking permits for our cars.

The Civic Offices were highly controversial when built.  In the late 1970's plans were made to build on the historical site of Wood Quay.  There was huge public outcry but the plans went ahead.

Architect Sam Stephenson designed two huge bunker like buildings which were not liked by the general public.  I have to agree that they are not attractive from the outside.

However, I am currently in the building as I blog and internally I quite like it.  With a glass roofed atrium and internal foliage it has a very pleasing feel about it.

Do you like the look internally?




Here's the outside entrance.



1 comment:

  1. I actually prefer the outside pic. The inside looks like USA architecture in the 1970s

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think