Sunday 4 August 2013

London - Day 3

We had a slow start and made our way to the very nice Borough Market - foodie heaven.  There was so much to choose from and lots of great bread, chocolate, cheese and produce.

I had Udon noodles with chicken, prawn & veg.  Kasey had a chorizo burger (think that was the nicest) while Amy had boar tortellini (Mmmm!).



I loved the atmosphere at this market.  We also saw Monmouth Coffee Shop with its mammoth queue.  Seemingly it's the best coffee in London.  

Here's a few more pics of the market





Look what we happened upon!!  
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

From the Globe we sauntered along the streets of London and arrived at the Tate Modern - wow what a building!!


We went in to the Tate and had a look at some art, stopping off in the gift shop as we we left.

From there we walked across a particular bridge a la Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones while taking in the sight of St Paul's.

Given that this was our last day and we were prepping for our flight that evening I felt we did a lot.  We even managed to get a bite to eat in Oaka in Kennington, before we got the underground to London Bridge to get a train to Gatwick Airport.













1 comment:

  1. Another view of the same day (your sister)... and I wish I could visit that market!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think