Saturday 30 August 2014

Beef Bourguion

I made Beef Bourguion yesterday for the first time.  As I looked for a recipe I saw that some that didn't contain red wine but had brandy instead.  Anway I decided to use a basic recipe that I got from the Irish Independent website.

I browned off the meat in a pan and put them in a pot with diced carrots.

I then browned off the bacon lardons, onions and garlic an added them to the pot along with stock and red wine.  After this I also added tomato puree (is this the same as tomato paste?)

While the beef was cooking I made Hasselbeck Potatoes using Kevin Dundon's recipe - they turned out so good (Ciaran loved them!)
I cooked the meat at a low heat for 4 hours.  Turned out so tasty - I was very pleased with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think