Sunday 24 August 2014

Saturday tasks and chores

On Saturday morning we loaded up the Smart Car with 3 bags of old clothes and dropped them off at a Charity Shop on Camden Street.


Camden Street has lots of Charity shops (Thrift Stores) but the most convenient one for us to drop off our old unwanted clothes was the Dublin Simon Community shop.  Dublin Simon Community is a charity for the homeless.

I quickly snapped a pic of the inside of the charity shop as I left after delivering the bags.  Most of the clothes that I gave away are in good condition.  Some are hardly worn so hopefully the charity shop will be able to get rid of them quickly and make some money.  What do you do with your old clothes?  Do you give them away to charity shops or thrift stores?

After the charity shop drop off we went to O'Sullivan's for Art Supplies for Ciaran and then on to Fumbally for breakfast.  At that point in the day it was lovely and sunny so we were able to sit out.

After Fumbally we went to Lenehans Hardware in Rathmines to buy a wrench to fix my bike.  

Look what I spotted here!

They have cocktail muddlers (how random) and priced really reasonably too!!


As we drove around doing our bits and pieces I took a few pics. Here is the Dublin Mosque on the South Circular Road - I have driven by this building for years and never realized it was the mosque.

Later on Saturday night we used Dublin Bikes to cycle from Ranelagh to Phibsboro for my sister's birthday party.  We stopped for a rest and a cold drink in Brazen Head which appeared full of tourists enjoying creamy pints of Guinness!

What a great Dublin Day!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you weren't drink driving now- same rule applies on the bike :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Get me one of those muddlers! So cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. No bike bar !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one pair of Ciaran's XXL twousers would fill one bag !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think