Tuesday 25 November 2014

Shopping Savings!

Last week when I shopped in Marks & Spencers (I was buying a few Christmas presents) I was given a voucher when I paid at the til.

The voucher gave me €5 off an over €25 spend on groceries.

The expiry date was today so I went in to pick up a few items this evening.

I love getting discounts on already discounted items - "Stacking" I call it (stacking discount on top of discount).


If I had to pay full price my total would have been €36.21.  However most of the items I chose were 3 for the price of 2.  This brought my total down by €10.05.  

I then handed over my €5 off voucher and my total came to €21.16.

As you can see from my receipt I saved a grand total of €15.05

Vouchers/coupons are not widely circulated in Ireland - so I felt like I was on a mini episode of Extreme Couponing!!  

4 comments:

  1. Coupons are very popular in the USA. Reading your receipt made me hungry for a Cheeseburger. I wonder why ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what we had for dinner tonight?!

      I'd love if coupons became widely available in Ireland.

      Delete
  2. Was that third Cheeseburger for Bones???

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think