Friday 28 November 2014

Holiday Traditions - It's the Late Late Toy Show!

I hope all my readers in the USA had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday and are getting in to their "Black Friday" shopping today (We don't have Black Friday - and I can't say that I would like it to come to Ireland!)

Here in Ireland we know that Christmas is coming soon when The Late Late Toy Show is screened.  I've written about The Late Late Show before so you all know that it is possibly the longest running show in the world.  About 4/5 weeks before Christmas a special toy show is screened.  It involves children performing, celebrities performing or mucking about, toys being demonstrated and the host wearing an obnoxious Christmas Jumper!  

If you are based outside of Ireland you can still be part of the fun and watch The Late Late Toy Show on the RTE Player here.

Here in Ireland it is a tradition for all the family the watch the show (the little ones tend to fall asleep half way through so it is shown again on Sunday afternoon!)

I intend to watch while putting up on my tree (pics to follow) with a Bailey's in hand!

Hope you enjoy the lead up to Christmas - I intend to delight in all that is Christmassy in order to extend the season as much as possible rather than making it all about one day.


2 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think