Sunday 30 November 2014

The Fitzgerald Family Christmas

At this time of the year I love to watch Christmas films.  To be honest there isn't a great selection on Netflix but I did find this one.

It's "The Fitzgerald Family Christmas" starring Ed Burns and Connie Britton (love her!)


'Tis a tad schmaltzy, sentimental and very "oirish" but actually a very bittersweet movie with lots of different stories running alongside each other.  

Knowing lots of big Irish families (my mam was one of 13 brothers and sisters!) and having 4 sisters myself, I think this film is very authentic and very familiar (sometimes uncomfortably so).  It's a very watchable movie and if you have Netflix you should download it - I thought it was perfect for a Sunday evening.

If you watch it let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip! I'll go look for it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out for sure! Thanks for the film recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know of any movies celebrating Festivus?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Festivus for the rest of us !!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think