Thursday 22 January 2015

Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker

On the drive home from work I decided to make Pulled Pork in my slow cooker. 

The butcher didn't have a shoulder of pork so I got a loin of pork instead.

To make the sauce I used a mix of different sauces and flavourings from my fridge and cupboard.


Firstly I rubbed Chinese 5 Spice and paprika in to the pork.


I lined the base of the slow cooker with onions and garlic to flavour the meat.


To make the sauce I used a can of chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, garlic, maple syrup, chipotle sauce and tomato puree. 

I added the meat to the slow cooker (crock pot for my American readers!) and then covered in sauce.

I added parsley to the sauce and also a Knorr stock pot for extra richness.

All I have to do is then cook it on low for 10 hours and hopefully I will have lovely tender Pulled Pork for dinner tomorrow tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Did you have all that stuff in your store cupboard? I always want to make this but it would cost me a fortune to buy all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a great time looking through all your posts. I like a good pulled pork recipe and had to smile at your jar of Goodall's garlic. That was my family name before I got married. When I came across a bottle of Goodall's steak sauce in the import section, I bought it and popped it in the pantry where it has stayed just for display purposes. I really should try to find another bottle to use and see what it tastes like :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think