Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year's Day 2015

We were up early today because of jet lag.  We set off for Starbucks in Leeson Street but it was still closed at 8am.  We then headed on to the 24hrs one in Stephens Green.  I went on the Yik Yak and mentioned something about it.  Later I noticed someone else had also Yik Yakked about being there too.  What are the odds of two Yik Yakkers being there at the same time?......possibly quite high as Dublin is very small and also I don't think there are many people on Yik Yak in Dublin at this time!  


After Starbucks we went to Brown Thomas to pick up some Nespresso Capsules and then made our way home.

I booked tickets for the cinema later that day and at 4pm we went to see "Big Eyes" in Rathmines Omniplex.  What an incredible story and a brilliant film.  It is directed by Tim Burton but is not his usual fantastical over the top theatrical make believe productions.  I highly recommend it - Christoph Waltz is quite the scene stealer in most of the movie.

After the film Ciaran played squash and once again we were in bed asleep early due to jet lag.  

It's back to work for me on Saturday so this is my last day off for the Christmas break.  In some ways I am looking forward to going back to the normality of work but in other ways I want to continue with my holidays!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having LOTS of fun.
    I return to work on the 7th . . and I'm rather looking forward to it . . i like the rhythm of weekly schedule . . . Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think