Sunday 19 June 2016

Elin Hilderbrand - my new favourite author!

I discovered a new author and I am hooked.

When browsing the library in the house we were staying, in on my recent Key West holiday, I saw "The Castaways" by Elin Hilderbrand. I was aware of this author but had never read any of her books before. When I read the back of the book I saw it was set on the island of Nantucket. I thought it was apt to read a book by an American author while I was visiting the USA and staying on an island too!!

I had been reading a book by Maeve Binchy which I thought was atrocious (what a pity as I loved all her older stuff that I read years ago) and had stopped half way to then start "The Castaways".  To say I was pleasantly surprised was an understatement!! It was unputdownable (is that a word?!). A really nice story and so well written.....an absolute pleasure to read while on vacation.

When I got to Ireland I put a hold on every Elin Hilderbrand novel the library had and I am making my way through her whole catalogue. What bliss!!

I also recommended "The Castaways" to my twin sister Amy when she arrived in Key West and she really enjoyed it too. She is currently reading another of Ms. Hilderbrand's books and is loving that one too!

How great is it when you happen upon a great author and you can dive in and discover their back catalogue?!





2 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think