Monday 6 June 2016

June Bank Holiday in Dublin

Before calling to my parent's house for dinner on Sunday, we called in to Ciaran's parents. We hadn't seen them since before we had been in Key West and we had some small gifts to give them.

Bones ran straight out in to their back garden so I followed to see what he was up to.  When I got out I saw the prettiest scene.....

Look at all the planting that Ciaran's dad has done. They looked so beautiful in the sun!


 



Then it was on to my parent's house. I had made an Irish version of American Coconut Cake which I just loved in Key West.  It was quite the tower of cake!

Transporting the cake from my house was not fun I can tell you.  I froze it before we set off but being such a hot day it started to soften straight away. I held it on my lap but the dog hopped from the back to the front of that car at one point and I nearly dropped the cake!!!  That wouldn't have been good.....
















The weather has been spectacular for the past week....but seems like normal weather is returning now :-( 




Look how pretty my mother laid the table! 

It was a lovely afternoon out and when we got home we watched a movie - a really nice ending to a great Sunday in Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think