Thursday 27 February 2014

Scam alert

Would you look what I received in the post today!
 
All the way from Spain it's a letter to tell me that I have won over €800,000 in a Spanish Lottery that I never bought a ticket for!!
 

To collect my prize, I just need to complete this detailed form and fax it back.  Along with my bank details I also need to supply information such as my occupation, date of birth and also my mothers maiden name.  A lot of this information could certainly be used by the would be scammers in order to defraud me of money or property.
 
Obviously I know that this is a scam but I can see how people may fall for it. 

I put it up on my blog to spread the message that is a scam and hopefully it will prevent someone being scammed.

Remember you can't win a competition that you never entered!!!

I'm unsure where they got my postal address from and oddly they addressed the envelope to me but using my husbands surname which I never took.  Strange.....and this is about the third one of these letters.

5 comments:

  1. Enie, it happens HERE in Kansas, too... usually not so bold as this... "confidential" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess it makes a change from the ones from the African countries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's legit !!! You may be missing out. I also want to leave you 5 million dollars. I am dying and have no heirs. I trust you to donate the money to charities as you see fit. I just need you to wire me money to cover the taxes and the transfer to your account. Send me your bank info also..... LOL !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is truly sad is how many people don't know any better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think