Sunday 23 February 2014

Marino Waltz in Rathmines

This morning in Starbucks as I read the Sunday papers and drank my coffee one of my favourite pieces of music came on.  It was the Marino Waltz which is composed by John Sheahan of The Dubliners. 

Marino is an area in the Northside of Dublin City.  Have a look here at a video of The Dubliners performing the Marino Waltz.

Do you know this piece of music?  What do you think of it?

John Sheahan even joined Andre Rieu on stage and they played the Marino Waltz together!

This piece of music was used for a Bord na Mona ad in Ireland a few years ago which added to its popularity. 

It puts a smile on my face when I hear it.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that piece of music until today, but now I love it as well! It's so happy and cheerful. Thanks for sharing the link to the video!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think