Sunday 2 February 2014

Sunday morning walk and Pantigate

After breakfast of rashers (bacon) and eggs we went for a walk around Ranelagh.  We passed Litton Hall (built 1877) on Leeson Park next to the Wesleyan Church.
 

Northbrook Clinic is in an attractive building.
 
 
Our dog passed by this point without even noticing the cute kitty popping out to say hello!



 
We made our way back up to Ranelagh village and stopped in Coffee Society for coffee and a read of the Sunday papers.


In the afternoon I met my sister and we attended the LGBT Noise protest over Pantigate
 
If you have a few minutes to spare I urge you to watch this video of Pantibliss which gives some of the background to the protest against the Irish State Broadcaster for their shutting down of the discussion of Homophobia and Gay Equality.
 

 
Here's my little sister.  We had Irish flags with us because we went to watch the Ireland v. Scotland Rugby game in Sinnots after the protest.

 
I expected to see lots of Pride flags at the protest but was a little disappointed it was not a more colourful affair.  It was attended by lots of different people including many families with their children.






When I got home I made curry broth for dinner.  After dinner we got in to the hot tub which was so good.  It's probably been about 4 weeks since we were last in the hot tub!!

From Monday's Irish Independent







1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think