Friday 7 February 2014

What are you reading at the moment?

 I'm reading an excellent book called "Back from the dead" by Joan M. Cheever. 
 
From the author's website, the author explains "Back From The Dead is the story of 589 former death row inmates who, through a lottery of fate, were given a second chance at life in 1972 when the death penalty was abolished; it returned to the United States four years later."
 
As someone who does not support the death penalty I am finding it very interesting albeit very moving and quite upsetting in parts.
 
 
 
A new Victoria's Secret (the only one in Ireland) has opened in Dublin Airport.  I browsed it before my flight to Copenhagen but didn't buy anything.  I was glad to see that there was a VS in Copenhagen Airport so I visited it before I got my flight home. 


I bought a nude lip gloss and a little make up bag.  The make up bag is perfect size for popping in to my hand bag and carrying around with me.
 
I made more fat bombs today.  This time I poured them in to my mini bundt cake moulds.  The moulds are silicon so the fat bombs popped out easily.  They look so good and taste even better!!


 
I saw this in the English Times.
 
Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to put this statue of a sleepwalking man in the grounds of an all-female college in the USA??!!! 






1 comment:

  1. That statue is something else!

    I'm reading The Abominable by Dan Simmons. It's hefty, and a dense read, but I will say a section I read last night about a particularly harrowing rock climbing experience was so well described that my hands started sweating!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think