Monday 5 June 2017

Saturday was fun!

After a lazy start to Saturday and while chilling out over coffee in Ranelagh I suddenly remembered that I had made arrangements to go see a lunchtime play with my mother and twin sister.

With little time to spare I got home, had a very quick (practically outdoors) shower and then cycled to the city to see Brendan Behan's "The Confirmation Suit" with actor Gary Cooke.




The play was in the teeny tiny Bewleys Cafe Venue in the Powerscourt Centre.

The play was hilarious with a particular story line being very personal to me. In the play, Brendan faints in the church on his confirmation day and as his father said, he showed great presence of mind to faint at the particular time that he could avoid taking the pledge of abstinence. 
Well would you believe the exact same thing happened to me on my confirmation day?!!
Yes I fainted too on my confirmation day!
And also at this point in the proceedings! 


After the play, Amy and I visited Tower Records where I bought a copy of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band.
It was 20 years ago today.......well not exactly, it was actually 50 years ago a few days ago when The Beatles created it in Abbey Road - and boy has it stood the test of time!

We also visited the Celtic Whiskey Shop on Dawson Street where Amy bought a bottle of whiskey as a gift.


And after all that I cycled home!

Fun times!

And more fun later in the new Bunsen in Ranelagh


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think