Monday 2 April 2018

Good Friday was a Great Friday!

For the first time in 91 years alcohol can be sold in Ireland on Good Friday. Back in 1927, legislation was brought in to ban the sale but after years of discussion it was changed and the ban is no longer.

It means that there will be no rushes to the Off Licences on the Thursday before Good Friday with huge queues to buy alcohol for fear of "running out" on the day!!  I'm sure the pub owners are happy but the Off Licence owners probably aren't.

So given that I have always partaken in a drink on Good Friday, I continued as always.

Dillingers was open for brunch (for the first time on Good Friday again due to the law change) so we headed there for a bite to eat late in the day nearing the end of their brunch which is on 12pm to 4pm.

Food was great as usual and my vodka & diet coke was served in my usual glass so it certainly made for a GREAT Friday!



 
Can you tell how hungry I was?! I ordered this steak and eggs - I hadn't eaten all day til 3pm

 

Above is chilli fries and below are wings and vegetarian tacos.  All so so good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think