Monday 28 December 2020

Christmas 2020

Christmas 2020 was great!

It was lovely and quiet and consisted of very little bar relaxing, eating, watching movies and a little swim on Christmas Day.

Unfortunately my phone died so I only have photos that I had uploaded to social media - but they give a small sampling of how Christmas was.

Christmas Day Swim in Spain

A few days before Christmas we decided we would go for a Christmas Day swim. In fairness if there are swimmers getting in to the cold waters of the Irish sea at the Forty Foot there should be no excuse for us not to do it in the somewhat warmer waters of Malaga. It's also been something that I always said I would like to do on just about Christmas that I was in Key West for. But for one reason or other I never did it.

So this Christmas day, I packed a flask of coffee and put some Baileys Irish Cream Liquor in a hip flask and went to the sea for a swim along with a large bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk for afterwards, 

Cadburys dairy milk after a swim on Christmas day in spain malaga


Cold Water

I won't lie the water was fairly cold but as we were getting out I said "let's get back in for a minute" and we did go back in, and it was fun, and it made me shout out loud and feel ALIVE!!!

Chilled out Christmas

After our swim we enjoyed a walk on Calle Larios with Bones to enjoy the Christmas lights and then went home to enjoy some cheese, charcuterie (Hello Iberian Ham!) and some Christmas Canapes. I made bacon wrapped dates on the bbq which were divine......and then I melted a little blue cheese over them which made them even better!!! I enjoyed these so very much with a mimosa and Christmas music, just a lovely combo!

Malaga charcuterie


We followed all of this food later with a surf and turf dinner - but a few brussels sprouts managed to sneak on to the plate too!

On the day after Christmas on St Stephens Day I was volunteering in the Charity Shop again so I headed off for there first thing while Ciaran went off for a coffee in town and a little walk with the dog. We then got up to very little really bar sitting in the sun and doing a little Spanish lesson on our phone. However later that evening after dinner we had a great time partaking in the DLR Library online quiz. We finished mid table after making a few too many silly mistakes on some questions, I had put the details up on Facebook so one Facebook friend in Washington DC signed up and joined in the fun along with another Facebook friend playing along with her family in Dublin. We all finished up near each other but here in Spain we had fun keeping an eye on where they were in relation to us during the quiz. I also kept an eye on my good friend and work colleague who went on to top the leaderboard out of 93 participants and win the quiz!  Good for him!!!

And now it is a case of looking forward to 2021 and a better new year......which I am unbelievable thankful for as it can't be any worse than 2020!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think