Sunday 1 November 2015

Dressing the table - Christmas Crockery

As I mentioned before we are staying home for Christmas for the first time in over 10 years.

We have been making plans to have a really chilled out holiday and catch up on lots of movies and just generally relax together.

I've always put up a tree every year but now that we will be home for Christmas Dinner I've been thinking about how to dress the table - and as such I bought some new china tableware in TK Maxx today.



The dinner plate is printed with a tree but the side plate is plain.  I think they are very old fashioned looking but very classic. I think I will be able to make a very nice table with them!

Below is some crockery that I got in the USA over the past few years.  I got the Santa plates in the Coca Cola factory in Atlanta, Georgia.  I missed my connection from Florida due to bad weather and got stuck their for 24 hours. With the flight leaving for Ireland at 8pm I visited the factory before heading to the airport for my flight home.



It was unseasonably warm today in Dublin with a temperature of 14 degrees and very bright and sunny.  It certainly didn't put me in the frame of mood for Christmas shopping.  However, after hearing that my twin sister was doing some shopping I went online and bought a few little things.  It's a start! I also see that the Christmas Craft market is on in Ranelagh Multi-D school shortly so I expect I will get a few more items at that....

Have you started your Christmas Shopping?  How are you getting on with it?!


4 comments:

  1. Would you use the santa plates as chargers???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've changed my mind about chargers.

      I think I will just get place mats. Watch this space!!

      Delete
  2. We won't start thinking of Christmas until after Thanksgiving. BLACK FRIDAY DEALS !!!! It was unseasonably warm in PA today also, around 74 F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table will be great! I was just in Atlanta and would have liked to visit the factory. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think