Monday 9 November 2015

The Red Cups are here!

It's the small things in life that make me happy. One of these things being the arrival of the Red Cups in Starbucks!

When I see the Red Cups come in I know that Christmas is on it's way. This year Amy and I enjoyed our first Red Cup together in Waterloo Starbucks where we had a Double Decaf Espresso con Pana.
This year the Red Cups are a Red to Cranberry ombre colour (check out pics from my blog of the 2013 version) and this in itself seems to have caused controversy. Some people are not happy with the plain cup with the ombre effect. Past cups have had additional drawing and decoration on them and this is missed by many people.

Personally I have no problem with the 2015 cup. For me, the Red Cup is all about the red colour and not a whole lot else. I couldn't tell you what type of doodles were on them in past years.

I certainly won't be boycotting Starbucks like lots of unhappy people all over the world just because the red cup doesn't have a snowflake on it!!

Another thing I've heard is that the unhappy people are saying their name is Merry Christmas when they give their order. Staff then write this on it and call out Merry Christmas when their drink is ready.  I kind of like this idea!

3 comments:

  1. 2015! :-)

    I have no problem with the 2015 cup either! I like it better compared to the 2013 truth be told

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas !!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think