Friday 6 December 2013

Christmas Post

The last dates for posting this Christmas are:

I'm somewhat organized this year.  I posed Bones for our Christmas card in late October and got the cards printed and delivered in November.

I got a batch of my cards posted today.  I'm thankful I got all of the ones that are going outside of Ireland in the mail.



I bought my stamps in the Ranelagh Post Office.  There was no queue whatsoever.  This was surprising as the queue has been out the door in Blanchardstown.

On the way to the post office I stopped and looked at the rather old fashioned Christmas display of goods in the window of Leeches Pharmacy or Chemist Shop.






After I got back from the post office I had two visitors from a department store in Ireland.  They were viewing my house to see if it was suitable for shooting an ad for their Spring Marketing campaign.  They loved my house (I could hear the guy repeating "I am so jealous, I want this house") but they are also considering two other houses.  I think my kitchen may be "too black" so my house may not be suitable for their requirements.

Yesterday I had the most amazing Bikram Yoga class.  I always have a better class when I am a little hungry and also when I bring coconut water for during the class.  Yesterday there was not too many people in the class and it was the perfect temperature.  I am back in the hot room today at 6.30pm - I hope I have another great class!

I bought a frozen lobster in the shop this morning (I went in for fresh flowers for the viewing and came out with a lobster, lol!) along with dates and bacon.  Tomorrow I may make some tasty small dishes like mac & cheese lobster and Devils on horse back to be enjoyed with a nice bottle of wine.

We are trying to make plans for over the Christmas Break.  We are going to Tenerife on the 20th for seven days over Christmas - fingers crossed the weather will be good!  For lunch on the 19th, I booked in to Cleaver East.  I was feeling happy about this place until I saw some online reviews which are quite mixed.  For New Year's Eve we are booked in for a late dinner in Dillinger's in Ranelagh.  I'm looking forward to the Christmas season!


6 comments:

  1. You are on top of things. I wish our post office handed out cute little reminders like this. I always mail something and just cross my fingers and hope for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is convenient to know when you need to get your cards in to the post - it gives me a target!

      Delete
  2. I need to get going on my Christmas cards! Thanks for the reminder.

    I'd love to try yoga someday. Sounds like your yoga classes are great for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy visiting here - I admit - I've never gone shopping for flowers and come out with a lobster . . . guess i need to check on my imagination . . .
    Happiness to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think