Tuesday 3 December 2013

Santa is coming


Here in Ireland it is traditional to leave out a snack for Santa for when he comes down the chimney.  When I was growing up, the snack for Santa was the very last thing we did before bedtime. 

In our house the tradition was that we always left a carrot for Rudolph  along with a glass of milk for Santa with a slice of pudding or Christmas cake.  In the morning the cake and carrot would be gone and the milk would be half drank.

I know that in other houses there are lots of tasty treats for Santy.  In my friends house it was always a glass of Baileys that was left.

Do you do this in your house? What do you leave to refresh Santa on his travels around the world?! What are the Christmas Eve traditions in your country? 

4 comments:

  1. We sprinkle reindeer food in the yard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have any kids left at home, never did much for Santa that I remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still leave a cookies and milk even though the children are grown and some off on their own. I think it is more for my husband than anything else! ;) I never thought about leaving a carrot for Rudolph and such a cute idea. I will remember that one when we have grand babies.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think