Sunday 8 December 2013

Mid-Century Modern

Walking down Cow's Lane in the City we browsed all the little market stalls in the area.  Then we saw the shop "Find" and went in for a little browse.  There was lots of lovely stuff in there but I didn't think we were going to find anything!  A lot of their stock was painted in the new chalk paint - this seems to be the very in thing at the moment.  It is not the style of furniture that would suit our house.

But deep in the shop, eagle eyed Ciaran spotted a little mid-century modern table.  It was exactly what we needed for a spot in our house.  We asked to see it and gave it an inspection.  A few little scratches but generally in good nick. 

Look how great it looks in our house.  We were so happy when we got it home.  I put this retro looking Carolyn Donnelly vase on the table and think it looks well. It is from her "Eclectic" range.



I'd love to get a retro looking telephone for on the table.   I think it would look fun!


3 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think