Friday 13 December 2013

Alone at Christmas

James Gray has spent the last 10 years on his own for Christmas.  Despairing that he would be on his own again this Christmas he placed an ad in the paper looking for someone to spend Christmas with him in London.  Unfortunately he did not receive any replies.

The Irish Post Newspaper is making arrangements to get Christmas Cards to Mr. Gray.

If you want to send him a card, you can send it to 
James Gray
C/O The Irish Post
Suite A
1 Lindsey Street
Smithfield
London EC1A 9HP

If you do send a card you can post a picture of it here

Here's the card I am sending, hopefully it will make Mr. Gray happy and not so lonely.
 
Please comment below if you are going to send a card to this old man - it would be great if he got cards from all over the world!


Who will you be spending Christmas with this year?

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the idea! I feel so sorry for this man. I'm sure with all the publicity that he will find someone to spend the day with.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I hope he gets plenty of letters this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sent him a card from Ireland and on the Facebook page someone put a picture of a card they are sending him from Australia!

      I hope he gets lots of cards too!

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think