Sunday 15 December 2013

Main Street Ranelagh

Another new restaurant has opened in Ranelagh.  We spotted it this morning when out for coffee.

It's called "Brioche" and it is around the corner from Gammells.  It is a French Restaurant that serves tasting plates for around €10 each.  It looks like it could be a really nice addition to all of the other great restaurants in this area.
 

 
I would like to book in before we go to Tenerife on Friday but I don't think we will have a free day.  We are already booked in to Cleaver East for lunch on Thursday.  Perhaps we will visit after at some stage between Christmas and New Year. 


It looks really nice inside -  I can't wait to try it!

Up the road near McSorleys are another two new shops.  There is "Magpie"  (a little boutique) and a new book shop.  


The new book shop begs the question as to whether a small village like Ranelagh can sustain two book shops. I'm sure the "Company of Books" is not happy about the new book shop.


For the new businesses opening on Main Street Ranelagh, I'm sure it is comforting to know that Dance World has been in business for 40 years!

There was a popup shop for yesterday and today in another unit on the main street.  They were selling lots of handcrafted items which were all lovely.  I bought some onion relish for my brother in law as he is a big cheese fan and he loves good relish to go with it.



 
In other news, I got my Christmas Tree up over the weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Perhaps things are looking up after all, hm?

    Oooh, you are a good sister - that relish will be a terrific gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully things are getting better in Ireland. Here's to 2014!!

      Delete
  2. That restaurant looks very nice! Hope you can visit soon. And your tree is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your visit -- your town is lovely - my town is a tinier one and seasonal so in the winter we are all but closed. Your tree is beautiful. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a cute French restaurant. Your tree looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think