Friday 10 June 2022

Hols over - back home in Ireland

After a great trip to Key West, I am now back in Ireland.

It's always strange how in the last days of your holidays, time seems to speed up and the days fly in. Happily, I got to do a few things on my list of definites that I wanted to get done. These were, get out fishing, have a Dairy Queen Ice Cream and visit the Green Parrot for a drink.

So on Sunday I went fishing on the Salty Goat Boat.  This was probably one of the highlights of my holiday. I had a great day fishing (it's a long fishing trip from 9am until 2pm) and caught 4 keeper yellowtail snappers and 1 keeper grunt with a fair few throw backs including two small strawberry groupers. As usual there were some people on their boat not taking their fish so I was able to walk away with extra fish which made for a great fish dinner in Amy's house. 

And then on the last day I crammed in my other must do's with a stop off in the Green Parrot after a visit to the Gap Store (pictured above) and Banana Republic on Duval Street. The Green Parrot is a chilled out bar with cool air flowing through the open doors and windows and it was great to sit at the bar and listen to music and the general chat of others at the bar. Of course there was also the quintessential experience of a chicken walking through the bar!!

After the Green Parrot, I cycled home for a shower and then met my mother in the Southernmost Cafe on the beach for Happy Hour eats and more drinks. The food was good and the view was incredible. I was glad that we made such a good choice for our last day's happy hour!

And after HH I made a diversion to Dairy Queen on United Street. It's a seriously cute building which has been there since the 1950's and I got in line along with other families and couples who were waiting to order their ice cream. For my selection on this visit, I chose a Small Royal Ultimate Blizzard with Brownie and Fudge sauce.  Boy was it good but I paid for all the sugar with a bad night's sleep!!!
Unfortunately there was one thing I wanted to do that I didn't get to do and that was to swim in the sea. With stormy rainy days the opportunity ran away from me.  

Guess I will need to plan a return visit in order to ensure that I get my swim in the sea done soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think