Thursday 2 June 2022

Hemmingway House visit in Key West (Whitehead Street)

Hemmingway House, Whitehead Street

Having visited the Hemmingway House numerous times over the years, and knowing what a good tour it is, Amy and I visited again yesterday afternoon.  If you do a search on this blog you will find past visits.

Every tour guide brings a diffferent thing to each visit and I generally learn something new on each visit. And of course there are the cats! On my last visit I recall the guide introduced us to Humphrey Bogart while on this tour we met Shoeless Joe Jackson asleep on the dining room table.

Typical AH cat behviour here - Joe presumably read the sign and then deliberately went to sleep on this table

Amy nearly bought a cat from the gift shop while perusing the t-shirts!
Here's Hemmingway's writing studio where he wrote 70% of his total work while living in Key West.

Check out those big paws with the extra digits which all come from the line of Ernest's polydactyl cat Snowy.


Hemmingway House

I hghly recommend a visit to the Hemmingway House if you are in the area. It's very interesting, both about Hemmingway but also in regard to life on the island along with a good view of the lighthouse which is just across the road. Let me know if you are planning a visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think