Saturday 4 June 2022

Stormy days in Florida - Hurricane Season 2022 is here

 June 1st is the start of Hurricane Season in Florida and so I shouldn't have been surprized when a tropical storm made it's way to Key West on 3rd of June.

Amy was catching a flight to Ireland from Miami on the 4th of June. However, as a precaution she caught the bus to Miami on the 3rd - this turned out to be a good thing with the bus getting cancelled on the 4th which would have meant a missed flight. She got up to Miami yesterday afternoon and checked in to an airport hotel close to the airport and hunkered down and waited out the time til check in today.

And down in Key West, my mother and I, along with Amy's cat Buddy hunkered down and drank wine and waited out the storm. It was a little sureal having to sand bag the doors in preparation for the rain and wind but luckily it turned out that they were not needed.

This morning the end of the storm passed through with heavy rain til about 11am with it gradually clearing up by the afternoon and the sun coming out then.  

With the change in weather I plan to go fishing tomorrow.  I'll see if I the Salty Goat are going out and will go out on this half day boat trip.

Here's a few pics of what we got up to before the storm, with Amy and I taking a visit to Effusion Gallery on Duval Street to see the PIGSY art on view.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think