Thursday 29 December 2022

Ham it up!

So I cooked a ham for the very first time!

It was so delicious - I used my meat thermometer so it was perfectly cooked along with a turkey and stuffing.  Just a perfect St Stephen's day dinner and then sandwiches made from leftovers the day after. 
So good!

It's been a quiet few days between Christmas and New Year. Yesterday we wandered in to town and browsed the sales, with Ciaran getting a jumper in Superdry. After town we set off towards Baggot Street intending to walk but then seeing a bus and making a run for it. The bus driver was the nicest man ever, stopping for us even though we were no where near the stop and giving us a friendly greeting as we go on the bus and a big goodbye as we got off. 
The bus literally gave us door to door service to the venue on Baggot Steet where a PIGSY art work is proudly hung in the window seat. 
I had a hot chocolate near to PIGSY's James Joyce - such fun!

Speaking of James Joyce I am currently reading "Running with Bulls" by Valerie Hemingway which has a mention of the famous Irish artist - referred to as "Jim" Joyce by Ernest Hemingway. The book is very interesting about life with Hemingway by his to be daughter in law Valerie - who surprizingly had a Cabra connection having boarded with the Dominician Nuns at the same school that I attended!

It's a biography worth reading.

And in good news, the HSE has just opened up availability for Covid 2nd booster vaccinations for 18-49yr olds so I can finally get boosted. I saw it on Twitter this morning and booked immediatly, getting an appointment for this Saturday. Great news as there seems to be a lot of Covid going around again....it will probably surge again after Christmas and New Year celebrations.....we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think