Tuesday 21 February 2023

A perfect night - great food, wine & PIGSY

Last Thursday we went out (or as I say Out Out!) for a lovely quiet meal with just the two of us. The tennis club was really quiet so we got a fabulous booth table which was very conducive to chats as we ended up sitting beside each other rather than across a table.
The menu was small but had lots of nice dishes to select from.  I chose the "Suckling Pig" for my main while Ciaran chose the steak. And to start we split a crab cake.  Alongside our food we had a nice bottle of red wine......I was off work the next day so I could relax and enjoy it!
The pork above was so tasty and really big - I slowly made my way through it, enjoying every bite!

What was really fun was after ordering our food, we went for a visit to the squash Show Court to see the newly rehung PIGSY art work "Squash Soldiers". 

Wow! I was in awe.

The whole court has been repainted as part of club renovations with new glass walls going on the squash court. And then there is the PIGSY painting. It's phenomenal (I took a pic standing beside it to give an indicator of the scale). 

You can read more about  PIGSY's "Squash Soldiers" here


What a fun little interlude in the evening and made for the most enjoyable time in the tennis club - food, wine, great conversation and art......what could be better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think