Sunday 7 January 2024

New Year - new you?

Happy New Year - here's to 2024!

To be honest, I'm not really in to the whole "New Year, New You" thing. To be fair, self improvement is always a good thing but on the other hand, do you really think you need to be a whole "New You"?

Small changes are probably something better to focus on rather than large scale resolutions. So with this in mind, here's a few things that I am going to focus on in 2024

First thing is sustainability.  I'm going to try buy less new clothes and items and instead try and buy vintage or secondhand, or alternatively reuse things.  Another thing that I will do is try and get a lend of an item that I may only use once or twice, rather than buying.

The next thing is I am going to do is read more because, well, nothing bad comes from reading more! Already I'm mid way through a book I borrowed from the library yesterday and have put my name on a request list for Reece Witherspoon's first book club read of 2024.

Looking after my body is my third focus, and along with getting more sleep, I am going to as always focus on my diet with continued intermittent fasting and a low carb diet. A change for me is that I am actively going to focus on getting more protein in to my body along with taking a vitamin D supplement.

I'd love to hear from you - what are your new year changes that you plan to make?!

Sharing a pic of myself that was included in my sister's "Christmas Portraits" project - to see the rest of the Christmas portrait pics on instagram, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think