Wednesday 3 July 2013

Dinner disaster

Yesterday's dinner was a disaster after a disaster.  At lunchtime, I went to marks & spencers and bought food for dinner.  I got chicken kievs, some vegetables and cos lettuce for a salad.  When I returned to work I put them in the fridge to keep them chilled.  As I drove home that evening I rembered that I had left the food in the fridge.  :-(

So just as I neared home I stopped in Superquinn in Ranelagh and bought a stuffed chicken with prepared vegetables.  All was good, I had rectified the forgotten food situation.

I switched on the oven set the timer for 70 mins and popped the chicken in.  With 20 mins left of cooking time I went and checked the chicken. This was when I discovered that I had put the chicken in the other oven.  There was a lovely warm oven that was empty and above it was a stone cold chicken sitting in a cold oven.

At this point when I moved the chicken in to the warm oven it would be 10pm before we would be eating.

A decision was made, we rang Siam Thai, drove around and collected food and were sitting down eating noodles by 9.20pm.

Any dinner disasters on this scale (all down to my stupidity) ever happen to you?




2 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think