Sunday 21 July 2013

Minding children

My sister was stuck for a babysitter yesterday so I minded my niece and nephew for a few hours.  Wow, minding children is tough work.  They are great kids but they need constant attention.

When they were dropped off we straightaway walked to the shops.  I gave Oliver the job of lugging my pull along shopping trolley and put Eleanor in charge of the dog. Walking through the park to the shops, we looked in the pond for fish.

After buying a few things for dinner we went to the corner shop and they picked out an ice cream.  Here's a fact the kids and I figured out - a Golly Bar has been renamed.  It's now called something like the big bar or the giant bar.



When we came home the kids helped me get the salty water ready and the lobsters on to boil and then went and watched TV.


We had dinner then - btw, maybe lobster mac & cheese isn't the best dinner option for children!

Kids didn't get the surf & turf.  They just had baked potato with lobster mac.



Ciaran and the kids started playing a train board game while I cleaned up and just as the game finished their mam came to pick them up.


Before they went home they wanted to walk up the glass stairs so I let them do that before they got on their way home.


4 comments:

  1. They are lovely children! And maybe lobster wasn't the best choice for them (eeewwwwwwww!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have given them regular Mac & Cheese Mary Ann! :-)

      Delete
  2. I don't think, my kids ever had lobster :) But your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena - you would know I'm not used to cooking for kids!

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think