Friday 5 July 2013

Trip to the dentist!

On the recommendation of a colleague I signed up with a dentist close to my new house.

The Beechwood Dental clinic is a short walk from my house close to the Luas Station.

I had a check up with Dr. Alex Creavin who took X-Rays and photographs of my teeth.  He then talked me through my teeth.  I've only ever had 2 fillings in my whole life but he reckoned one needed to be replaced as it was possibly leeching(?).  The two fillings I have are silver but he offered me the choice of having the replacement in silver or white.  After listening to the pros and cons of silver versus white, I still didn't know which to choose. Luckily I was able to text my dentist friends in the States and was advised to go with the tooth colored fillings.  I have an appointment to get this done in 2 weeks time.

I also made an appointment with the hygienist for a clean after the filling.  

Dr. Creavin then talked me through what toothpaste and floss he recommended.  He also strongly suggested I use an electric toothbrush with a soft to medium brush head.  I popped in to Boots on the way home and bought some supplies to keep my teeth clean.

When I am next at the clinic I hopefully will also get to talk to the orthodontist.  My retainer badly needs replacing and Dr. Creavin showed me more modern types than my old metal type that will also help with my teeth grinding. I think a new retainer is a worthwhile investment.

Colgate Total Toothpaste
Fluorigard mouth wash (I think this was recommended because of the high fluoride content)

This is the floss that was recommended by the dentist - it doesn't fray!

My new electric toothbrush!!




1 comment:

  1. How much you pay for your electric toothbrush? I am waiting for a half price sale on them in Boots or Argos to buy mine (they have them regularly enough on toothbrushes for some reason??!!!)

    I will probably need to get braces again for a period at some point in the future... I don't mind, just want them looking better...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think