Saturday 16 November 2013

Date night in Dillingers

Through an Irish Times reader offer (a bit like Living Social/Groupon deals) I got a voucher for Dillinger's in Ranelagh.

The voucher consisted of €120 worth of food for €68.  

We booked a place at the bar and when we arrived we were presented with a special menu because we were using the voucher.

Here is the menu which I thought there was plenty to choose from

We chose to drink red wine - a Cotes du Rhone (Gonnet La Julia) which was very drinkable!


For starter I had the quail while Ciaran had the alphabet soup (how fun!).  The soup was great but the quail (as always) was hard to get meat from.  I saw a lady pick it up and eat it with her hands (eeek) but I ate with my knife and fork.




For main, I chose duck while Ciaran has the steak cooked rare.  Both were very good - my dish was a very tasty and sweet concoction.



There were 4 choices of dessert including cheesecake and bread and butter pudding. We chose chocolate mousse.





1 comment:

  1. Looks so pretty. ...and of course I would want the chocolate too

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think