Wednesday 31 December 2014

Yas Mall - Yas Island, Abu Dhabi

On our 3rd evening we visited Yas Mall on Yas Island.  We took a taxi for the 35km journey.  I took this picture in the taxi - you can just make out the entrance to the Emirates Palace entrance.  Taxi's are cheap in Abu Dhabi so it makes sense to take one even when going short distances - particularly I would imagine at the height of Summer when temps go up to extreme heats. 


As we approached the mall I saw a great big sign for Ikea - it's everywhere!

The mall is very new and extremely large.  We wandered around for a bit but didn't buy anything.  It has all British chains that we have in Ireland and a lot of American stores also.  I was hoping there would be a Banana Republic but there was not.

We knew there was a Cheesecake Factory here and I had already decided I wanted to eat here.  It was exactly the same as Cheesecake Factory in the USA and the prices were about comparable.  The only difference was that no alcohol was served as it was a dry mall.

Look the butter is even from Texas!!

Look at the size of the portion of food!  Ciaran had thankfully suggested we split the Orange Chicken - I was planning to order this for myself!!!  We also got a starter of Thai Lettuce Rolls which we also split.  It was the perfect amount of food for the two of us but we didn't eat much of the rice.

And of course you can not visit Cheesecake Factory without having one of their desserts.  Again we split this course and we didn't even finish it.  I think it was some type of cake tower with chocolate mousse filling and fudge frosting.  It was very good!!

It is a big thing to visit malls in the evening time in Abu Dhabi - there was a lot of families in this mall - even a lot of young children were there up to closing time at 10pm! Someone told me that malls are like the high street as again it is so hot at times that they like to be inside to do their shopping in air conditioned comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think