Sunday 5 May 2019

Litter picking......again

Yesterday, I was back out litter picking again. The first Saturday of the month is the Friends of the Grand Canal meet up day (do join in, meet up is at the first bench at Wilton Terrace near Leeson Street Bridge at 10am).

It didn't seem like it was only a week previously that a big clean up had been done - see my post on the Dublin Community Clean Up Day.

I moved slightly away from the canal and concentrated on the Leeson Street /Leeson Park area.

Look how much I picked in an hour from about 10.30am until 11.30am. 

The bag to the right is full of an old wet sleeping bag that I found on the ground. This bag was so heavy that I had to ring Ciaran to ask him to drive and meet me and take the bag back to the collection point. When he got back to the bench where the clean up starts the man from the council was loading up some rubbish from the clean up in to his van. Ciaran said he was a lovely guy, when he heard that I had needed Ciaran to pick up the bag, the council man said he would have taken it, if he had seen me as he drove around.

I didn't stick around for coffee at the bench after the canal clean up (very kindly sponsored/provided by Starbucks Leeson Street) but instead cycled along the canal to Pot Bellied Pig for a lovely brunch with a nice glass of bubbles!



How beautiful is the Grand Canal?!




Happy Bank Holiday to all my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think